LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Shopping Our Stash

Hi friends!

here with another Shopping Our Stash challenge inspiration for ya!

This week we want to see you use:

Flower Power- Use your handmade or 3-d flowers!  (your project can include stamped images but it also needs to have at least one flower that is either handmade or a 3-d flower you bought.  Think Wild Orchid Crafts, puffy stickers, Primas, etc.)

So I chose to use one of my OOOOOOOOOOOOLD flowers from Prima. Its at least two-three years old (which is when I started crafting, so...it's about as old as it gets for me!)

I love this flower. it's over the top and kinda gaudy, but totally unapologetic. Reminds me of Maggie Smith's character in Downton Abbey (anyone else obsessed with that show?!)

I digress.

Anyhoo, I used Lawn Fawn for the background, Hero Arts for teh sentiment :)

Nice and simple, and CLASSY. :)

Hope you like!

Please pop over to the blog to see the rest of the DT's work!

See you again soon!

Linda x






7 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE how you described it - gaudy but unapologetic. That is AWESOME! As is that crazy funky flower! As for Downton Abbey, I have been 3rd on the waitlist for the second season for 2 months. I'm thinking of hacking into the system to find out who has it, and going to get it myself ;) I love that show!

jimlynn said...

That flower is gorgeous!!! LOVE IT! Love your entire card!
Lynn

Lynnda said...

sweet card... hugs...xoxo

Leslie Hanna said...

My first thought was that flower belongs on the hat of an old lady (well, that might be me, if I wore hats) or as a brooch. And yes, PERFECT for the Downton Abbey Matriarch!

Cat Craig said...

Looks like a gorgeous, lush orchid!

ScrappySandie said...

Wow! Gorgeous!
I agree: "Nice and simple, and CLASSY!"...but I would add EXQUISITE!!
Sandie

Unknown said...

GORGEOUSNESS!!!