LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Thursday 4 October 2012

Neat and Tangled October Release!! Day Four: Do Not Open

Hello!


releaselogo 

I'm so excited to be helping introduce the new stamp sets from Neat and Tangled. My GOODNESS they are cute!! All sets will be available for purchase Friday October 5 at 8am EST in the shop!

Today we're focussing on the new Do Not Open set. (for a really good look at the stamp and a video of it in action, be sure to head over to the blog.)  Don't forget to comment on each day's blog posts for this release week, as there are some fabulous prizes to be won!

OK Onto my projects!!

I wanted to try to use the stamp set in a way OTHER than the more obvious, so I thought I'd make my own wrapping paper:


present2


or another look with the same wrapping paper:


present 1

To make this, I simply took some natural (kraft) wrapping paper (this is in the supermarkets here in Australia, I'm sure its available everywhere). I stamped out a few ink colours to see what would stand out the best against the kraft background.

When I'd chosen an ink colour (Memento Love Letter and Hero Arts Grass Chalk Ink), I stamped all over the paper, being  sure to turn my stamp as I went. Then I added some white gel pen to the banner of the image, and then added stickles to the circular outline of the stamp. Finally I stamped some snowflakes from the new Santa's Notes set with white colorbox ink, and added some stickles to that.

The paper has a lovely textural, glittery look to it--so pretty in real life!

And now for my second project!

Neat and Tangled Gift Tag Set

Neat and Tangled Gift Tag

I cut a sheet of Neenah cardstock to size (about 2.25 x 3.25"), rounded the top corners with my corner chomper. I used Tumbled Glass distress ink and a foam blending tool to bring colour to the entire piece, and then added a small amount of Salty Ocean to the edges. Next I stamped the present and bow image repeatedly over the tag, using Tumbled Glass ink, this gives a nice tone on tone effect.

To give some extra interest, I gently spritzed some perfect pearlized water over the entire surface. I think it gives the look of  snow falling :)

Finally I added an eyelet with my crop-o-dile, stamped the 'gift' sentiment and added some neon twine, before attaching my Do Not Open images with dimensional adhesive.

Ok! Now be sure to head over to the main Neat and Tangled Blog to check out the rest of the DT's projects, they're AMAZING. (Don't forget to comment over there too!! Prizes to be won!)

I'll be back tomorrow with more projects to share!

Linda xx









6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh this is perfect...i love it...

Jessi Fogan said...

The gift wrap is super cool, and how I love those inky tags!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Love your cute tags, and your wrapping paper is fabulous! Another wonderful stamp set!!!

MS said...

So cute! Both of them! I think the recipient would appreciate the wrapping just as much as the gift! Gorgeous! Love your fun tags too!

CarlaKH said...

so cute! I love the colors you used for the tags!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the homemade PAPER!