LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Sunday 21 October 2012

Shopping Our Stash Challenge 74!

Hey Howdy Hey!


I'm here for Shopping Our Stash Challenge blog, which is up to it's 74th Challenge this week!!

This week we want to see you do:
Out of the Jar: use anything that came in a jar- flower soft, glitter, perfect pearls, embossing powder, etc.,  OR a jar image - or make something using a Jar! (decorate a jar)

SO here's my card :)

christmas card_perfect pearl

I embossed the Neat and Tangled flower image using Versamark ink (and clear embossing powder), onto black cardstock, then heat-set it.  Next I took some Perfect Pearls (which are so fun to play with) and 'painted' them over the flowers. I wanted it to be a little messy, so I was careful to NOT be too careful (know what I mean?!) I wanted the colour to look almost watercoloured, so I just played.

Once dried, I cut the black cardstock into a large banner/pennant shape and adhered it to the front of my cardbase, using dimensional adhesive. Lastly I added some faux stitching lines and the stamped sentiment!

A real jumble of companies on this card :)

Here is another shot so you can see how pretty the shine is from these Perfect Pearls

christmas card_perfect pearl_closeup


Here are the yummies you'll need :)


Hope to see you back here soon!

Linda xx

5 comments:

Lynnda said...

WOW Linda!!! You have created gorgeous cards... I love your style... bump into you..over @neat & tangled... I am your new follower!!!.... Thanks for the inspiration...hugs...xoxo

p/s: I'm from melbourne too..

lauren bergold said...

that's just ♥GORGEOUS♥ and sooooo very clever!!!

jimlynn said...

SOOO PRETTY!! Know this really must shine too. Wonderful card.
Lynn

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Linda - This is beautiful! Love the flowers. Love how they are a bit abstract...colored outside the lines. Such a beautiful creation!
Blessings,
Michelle

Carol L said...

I love the embossing on black and those nifty little pearly colored flowers! Beautiful card!