LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Shopping Our Stash challenge #71!

Hey!

*this is my second post for today. for the first, see HERE*

It's time again for a new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!

This week's challenge is GREEN!! Use the colour, or the theme (i.e. RECYCLE)

I chose to recycle AND use green the colour (tricky huh?!)

Here's what I made:

I thought it would be fun to make the top of the jar look like those gorgeous old fashioned lids with the gingham  fabric thats all puckered because of the twine wrapped around it, only I used washi!

Actually if I'm being honest, just about everything on this jar is washi :) The label is a Hero Arts diecut and stamp, the stickers are October Afternoon (I THINK)...the doily is from my stash, as is the twine/string.
The jar is from my recycling bin (just joking, its one I used and cleaned out just yesterday

Here's an idea of what you could use it for :)

Isn't that a jar of happy?!

Or how about this:

this photo is for Leslie and Lisa :) They're my fellow Washi Warriors :)


Ok that's it for me! What about you?? Will you join us?! Make something green, or re-use!! Be sure to link up to the linky tool, no more than 13 other challenges and PLEASE let us know how you incorporated our challenge theme into your project.

Hop along over to the blog to see the rest of the DT's work!

See you soon!

Linda xx

8 comments:

lauren bergold said...

soooooooooooo lovely and SO VERY CLEVER!!! ♥♥♥!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic use of the washi tape and love the gingham on here! A perfect little jar for so many different things! Love it.
LYnn

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Linda - Oh WOW!! That is co cute! I loved the first pic on the SOS blog, but the one with the wooden spools blew it away!!! How cute! That jar looks adorable! Nice job!
Blessings,
Michelle

CarlaKH said...

Too cute! I love the lacy details! And of course the washi!

MS said...

Fabulous idea! Love the washi jar AND the washi contents :) Oh, I totally picked up some washi from that place you and Danielle were all twittered about :) LOVE!

Tracey said...

"a jar of happy" - never a truer word spoken :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Genius idea to use washi that way! It totally looks like gathered fabric!
Love that you used green both ways - clever you ;)

ScrappySandie said...

Oh, what a quick and easy yet gorgeous project with Washi tape! Love it!
Sandie