LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 1 July 2011

Inspired By Joy Taylor Day 2!!!

Greetings and salutations!

How are you all?! It's lovely and wintery here, so I'm happy as a clam (are clams really happy?! Hmmm....anyway!)

Let's jump right in shall we?!

Here is the card I was just about ready to jump through my computer screen to get at, of Joy's;


I literally squeaked when I saw this! I think it's just the cutest! That little cutie in the bunny suit! ACK! The pink polka dotted background made me instantly buy the same stamp and I just love the white gel-pen accent on the paper-pieced 'hill'.

And here is the one I made :

 Quite different in colours of course, but I wasn't looking at the card Joy made while I did this one, I just created and had Joy's one in my mind. 

I used Basic Grey's Hello Luscious paper pad for the hill and did a similar white gel-pen edging to make it stand out a bit more.

The little Alice in Wonderland image of the girl is from Tiddly Inks who do the cutest digital images. (oh, and if you are a bit uncertain about digital images and how to use them? don't be! It's super easy--feel free to let me know and I'd be happy to do a video/photo tutorial on how to use them.)
I coloured her with Copic markers and cut out all around her leaving a small white border (this helps the image to really stand out) and I adhered her onto the cardstock using dimensional adhesive.

For the sky, I just used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I punched 2 clouds out of scrap paper (using my Fiskars cloud punch) and temporarily adhered them (overlapping each other) onto my background cardstock) then I used my ranger distress ink applicator to apply the Tumbled Glass all over the white background. This gave the impression of white clouds in a blue sky, without adding any bulk or layers. I wanted the Alice image to be the centrepiece.

 Here you can see I've stamped the HA Envelope Background in Jenny Bowlin Lemon Drop ink (love love love) on the yellow card-base (which is just some HA Layering paper in Daffodil, that I've scored in half). The Sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and the sentiment 'banner' is hand cut.

To give the effect that Alice was really holding  a clock, I used some Glossy Accents over the clock 'face' to add shine (so it looked like glass) here you can see it a little better--

Well! That's about it from me for today!

Please leave a comment if you have one or any questions.  I'd be SO thrilled to hear from you!

Take care and see you on Sunday night/Monday (dependent where you are!)

*hugs*

Linda xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda this is really cute! I would love it if you did a tutorial on how to use digital stamps!http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Joy said...

Loved your sweet little girl...just adorable..hugs