LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Saturday 2 July 2011

Inspired By...Joy Taylor Day 3

Hello!!

Welcome to day 3 of my Inspired By Joy Taylor series!!

I'm so excited by the feedback on my cards so far--thank you!! I was so so surprised to see that Hero Arts Tweeted about my first card (THIS one, using the Corsage stamp). How flattering!!

Here is the card that I was so in love with from Joy's blog;

 So so lovely, I just love how she used the text stamp embossed in white over the top of the leaves image!

Here is my little take :

It was really very easy to do. A lot of steps, but each of them quite simple.
I started with an Artist Trading Card canvas from Inkssentials (it's exactly the same as Sticky Back Canvas, but it's ATC sized-2.5"x3.5"). I stamped the Hero Arts Envelope Background Stamp with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and also edged the ATC with the Tattered Rose and a little of the Victorian Velvet ink.

After heat-setting the ATC, I then inked the Delicate Leaf Clusters image from HA using a mixture of Pine Needles and Forest Moss Distress Ink. I spritzed the stamp with about 6 'pumps' of water using my Ranger Mini Mister, to blend the two colours together (it also REALLY makes the inks wet, which is great for the canvas). I then stamped onto the Canvas ATC and heat-set the ink to make sure it was really dried well.

I then stamped my HA La Letter Stamp (fave!) with Versamark and white embossing powder and heat-set that too.

Finally I mounted the ATC onto the cardstock, wrapped it with a thin yellow ribbon, mounted that layer onto the dark purple cardstock and again onto a white card.  I cut the yellow cardstock with my Martha Stewart double loops edger punch and adhered that to the top!

Lastly, channelling my "what would Joy do now" mindset, I added some gemstones :)
I left the sentiment off the front, so this card could be used for many occasions.

Here is a (really terrible) close-up of the ATC so you can see the texture and how the layers of stamping work together.

I still now, prefer Joy's version, but I hope you like mine too :)

Have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow with my favourite of all the Joy Taylor Inspired set!

Take care 

Linda xx

1 comment:

Joy said...

Love this card Linda, you have created a masterpiece...love that you created an ATC first and then placed onto a card...gorgeous!