LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 4 July 2011

Inspired By...Joy Taylor Day 5 (final day *tear*)

Hello again friends!

Today is the last day that I'll be bringing you cards by the UH-MAZING Joy, but you can always find more of her fantastic creations on her blog or on the several design teams she's working for.

Today's card wasn't really inspired by one particular card of Joys, more so all of them! Her "standard" techniques and the style she tends towards are what really make her cards not only super pretty, but very "Joy" and really unique.  I love that I can always spot a card by her when I see it.
So today's card is using the techniques/products that she uses often and that I consider to be the real 'basis' for her style;
  • Kraft cardstock
  • White inked background
  • Glitter (has anyone noticed her recent love-affair with glitter?! Girl's got talent :))
  • Butterflies. (When she uses a butterfly on a card, it practically flies off the page I think! So vivid and brilliantly coloured).

So here is my card that I made just yesterday, encompassing all of the favourite things I love most about Joy's signature style:

 Whenever I see Joy's cards, I always think "How does she match up all her colours so well?!" It's true, she has an amazing talent for using uber vibrant colours on a simple/muted background, but the coloured accents she chooses are always perfectly matched. *sigh* oh to be such genius.


I coloured the HA Heart Winged Butterfly with Copic Markers after stamping it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cutting it out. Then once dry, I used a tiny-tipped glue pen to run a really small amount of glue around the inner 'hearts' of the butterfly's wings and then added some dark aqua glitter.

The tag behind the butterfly is from Papertrey Ink and was embossed over using the HA Envelope Background Stamp (another of Joy's faves I think!) and clear embossing powder, to give a tone on tone look.

To do the glitter strip along the bottom, I used a technique I saw on Papertrey Ink (Nichole Heady's blog I think...) where you just run your tapegun (ATG or snail etc) in a strip and then pour glitter over the top as you would embossing powder. It's amazingly easy and SO effective. I can't wait to try it again.  I've seen Joy use this technique a couple of times recently--it really brings an extra layer of prettiness to the card.

I love this card so much that I'm off right now, to go make a few more in different colours :)


Well as I said above, this is the last day I'll be showcasing Joy's work, but I do hope you'll come back in a few days when I'll be moving onto another SUPER talented lady who inspires me constantly too!

A big thank you to Joy for not only inspiring me with every card she makes, but just generally for being such a lovely lady :)

See you again very soon my friends--

Take care

Linda xx

2 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

love the color combo and the butterfly! great card.

Unknown said...

Love the colors:) http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/