LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday, 2 August 2011

CAS-ual Friday Challenge CFC #13 The Long and Short of it. {Card #2}

Hi again!

This card actually combines both the CAS-ual Friday CHallenge and  the Play Date Cafe colour Challenge 'palette' too!  (told you I loved those colours too much to stop using them! lol)

To remind you, here are the colours:

And here are the rules for the CAS Challenge:


CFC13-The Long and Short of it:  Create a 4 x 9 card and 
keep it Clean And Simple!
The idea is to embrace the (white) space.  Its a big canvas & you must resist the urge to fill it.

 
So here is my VERY Clean and simple card:

Sorry for the lighting in the above photo, it's been impossible lately!


 What little girl doesn't want a glittery bike?! (Thank you Distress Stickles!)


 Here is the bike in all it's girly-glory. love.

Can I tell y'all a secret?! I can't actually ride a bike. I mean I know what to do (duh) and I've tried to learn, but I'm essentially a 3 year old in bike-riding years. I never really learned how to, so now, I can't. Yup, I'm 31 and can't ride a bike. When I lived in Japan, this was a source of MUCH amusement to my students (who ALLLL rode bikes--even adults). So there, you know my shame lol!

But! If I did ride a bike, I'd want it to look just like this one. sparkly, pinky-gold. Just gorgeous.
It's ALL Lawn Fawn goodness on that card!

Well, that's it for me (for now!) Hope to be back very soon with more :)


Take care and thanks for looking-again!

Linda xx

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Very nice card, I love this stamp set. :)

Lisa said...

This is darling...love the sweet little " girly" bike and the sentiment!!!

Kelly said...

love the glitter! Yes, girls love glittery bikes! (;

Tracey said...

FABulous card...LOVE the sentiment and your use of the PDCC colours!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Michele Gross said...

I want a sparkly bike like that! Super fun card, so glad you got inky with us at CAS-ual Fridays and The Play Date Cafe!

Karen B. said...

So cute, and such an awesomely balanced card. Love your sparkly bike! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura B. said...

this is really cute!

Alberta said...

Love the bit of pizzazz you added to the bike. Great card.

Julie Day said...

Love that glittered bike and such a fab CAS design :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

Adorable! Great use of white space. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.