LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Some Odd Girl May Release: Beachy Mae



Hi Friends!

I'm here today back with another day of releases at Some Odd Girl!

Today's new stamp set is JUST ADORABLE, I can't stop colouring her in!

Take a look at Beachy Mae





To create that sunset background, here's how I started:

I googled 'sunset' and had a look at a few different varieties of colours that are in sunsets (I obviously have seen many, but when colouring one, I wanted to see what variences I could make).

I used my Gelatos and scribbled some colour for each of the 'bands' I wanted.

Then I took a wet paintbrush and swiped over each colour (cleaning my brush in between) and then slightly moving back over the previous colour just a little, to get it to blend. (So I wet the orange, back and forth, to get it to smooth out and cover more area, then I cleaned my brush, wet it again, and painted over the yellow. When the yellow was pretty close to smooth, I slightly moved into the orange, to get them to blend. Next I did the pink, and moved back into the yellow a little etc)


 I added some teal glitter from Glitter Ritz to her bathers, sarong and hat. You can see it in this detail shot:



A little glossy accents over the glasses, and it was done! Such a great image to colour in!

Well I hope you'll stroll on over to the Some Odd Girl Blog with me now, to check out the rest of the Design Team's fabulous creations!




http://www.someoddgirl.com/index.php/newsletter


See you again tomorrow for the second set's release! It's a fun one!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the way you suggested the colors of the beach, the sky, Great card.

Anna Sigga said...

Fab card and the background is amazing!