LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 25 April 2014

Simon Says Script Stripes

Hello!

I'm here with a fun card using the lovely Simon Says Stamp Wide Stripes background stamp.


I wanted to use the stripes, but not just 'as they are'. I thought it would be fun to create an interesting, modern pattern using them.

Here's what I made



First I stamped the stripes in Hero Arts Neon Yellow Ink (hellooo gorgeous), on an angle, using a mask to section off a part of the cardbase (where the Navy would be going).

Then I carefully moved the mask, so that I could stamp the Navy part. (also Hero Arts, also gorgeous).

I then took the new Simon Says Stamp Hello Line mask, and used it in a fun way. I traced around it using a journalling pen. I really love how the 'wonky' lettering looks just as an outline.

Next I mounted the entire panel, onto another piece of Neenah White cardstock, which I had coloured with Hero Arts Neon Pink ink (by swiping the inkpad directly onto the paper). I also created a tiny strip of cardstock using the same method, and used this to break the yellow and navy panels up.
This helped the entire piece to look more cohesive.

As you can see here, I added a little glitter, using my clear Wink Of Stella pen, to the hello.


Lastly, I pulled a WWJED (What would Julie Ebersole do). I thought, other than make us smile with that adorable chuckle of hers :) she'd add an element of cute or whimsy.

Enter the Simon Says Stamp Craft Dies Holiday Shapes. These are SO stinking cute.

I diecut them 6 times over, 5 times with white, and once with Woodgrain cardstock, from a Simon Says Stamp Happy Pack  (which has an assortment of cool cardstocks). I then stacked them up so they'd look like dimensional stars, with the woodgrain on top.

I love how these stick up off the card. I also added a little Clear Wink of Stella to them.

That's it! I hope you like this card, it was fun to try something different. I've got lots more ideas for that Wide Stripes Background stamp too.

See you again soon!





No comments: