LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 10 May 2010

playing with new distress inks...Miss You Card...

{The colours look really washed out here but you can see the gorgeous rusty effect on the hearts }

Hi there! I forced myself into the craft room tonight, despite having had a rotten day preceded by a worse day yesterday (happy mother's day to me--boo!). I had absolutely NO creative inclinations tonight but I just had a new lot of distress inks arrive and I thought I'd play.

First I went over a little piece of note paper in Faded Jeans--what a great colour! THen I scrunched the paper up to get some texture, pressed it out flat (flat-ish) and ran the Ranger Distress Inking Tool gently over the top to ink the crevaces created by my scrunching. This gave an awesome denim effect. I fiddled around to find papers that matched and settled on some core-dinations cardstock and some unusual patterned paper I picked up at my local store on sale, many months ago.

It took me a while to get the layout just how I wanted it, but I managed in the end. Eventually I got there, but it felt like something was missing, so I added three little punched hearts that I'd inked up last week in preparation for my mum's mother's day present but never used. I added those on some dimensional tape for some extra interest and I love the result! Hope you do too.
The colours are pretty much the exact opposite to my usual bright and airy style but it's always good to try to push yourself out of the box hey?!

I think these colours would work well as a masculine card, sympathy card or just a hello card too.

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for looking :)

No comments: