LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Colour inspiration challenge Card #2 Thinking of you




Goodevening!! (or almost goodmorning as it's nearly midnight).

SO! a quick post this time. I've got another entry for Kristina's
colour inspiration challenge. I'm really happy with this little card, although the photos aren't the worlds greatest. I'm living with my parents at the moment (talk about crowded!) and this house is REALLY dark.
Perth is a pretty hot city so big verandas all around/eaves providing shade are a must but they're a pain for photography indoors!! (and it's nearly midnight as I mentioned, so outdoors wont give me much better light! lol)

anyway, here's my little baby ...


{i hate that you can't see the colours AT ALL in this picture. I might update in the morning when I have more light...}

{inside}


I'm only going to give you the products used list this time and say I used a layered resist technique (see Jennifer McGuire for tips and techniques);

LOTS of distress ink; pumice stone, bundled sage and broken china for the inking of the main section; tea dye for the friend definition behind the inking (doesn't show up in photos) frayed burlap & walnut stain (for edging),
AC cardstock in pastels.
Boutique Ribbon in pale blue
Corner Chomper Deco
Clear embossing powder.
Hero arts Friends definition cling stamp
Hero Arts French letter woodblock stamp (on butterflies)
Martha Steward Butterfly punch
Hero Arts Clear Design "Thinking of You" sentiment (inside card)and flowers image.



If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to drop me a line!

Hope you enjoyed!!! TFL!!!

Linda xx

No comments: