LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 25 August 2014

Watercolouring with Distress Markers

Hi friends!

I'm here with a sweet card using Some Odd Girl and some Distress Markers as watercolour paints.

I stamped the image, and then scribbled the markers onto an acrylic block, before picking them up with a wet water colouring brush, and painting the image.



To create that fun sky background, I waited for the fairy image to dry completely, then I wet the rest of the background with a clean brush, and then slowly added small amounts of blue to the page. The pre-wetting allows the ink to move around freely (which takes away the 'brush stroke' look) I love how this looks! To add deeper colour in some sections, you can either wait for it to dry, then add more ink, or you can remove some of the colour using a dry paper towel :))

I love this soft dreamy effect!

The sentiment is from Hero Arts. Love this handwritten sentiment from my sweet friend Lisa.

That's it for today!

see you again soon!


1 comment:

Wendy G. said...

So soft and beautiful, Linda.