LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Saturday, 2 August 2014

ABNH Die Cutting Challenge: Inlaid Diecutting



Hi friends!

I'm here with the card I've made for this months' new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero!

We're collaborating with the fantastic Reverse Confetti for the entire month, and this time our challenge is to use Die Cutting!


http://reverseconfetti.com/

Here's what I came up with



I thought I'd pull a Laura Bassen while making this card. She always makes THE most ridiculously gorgeous cards that are somehow intricate yet super simple. It's an amazing talent she has!

I hope you like it! It took a while. That inlaid die-cutting looks amazing but holy moly is it fiddly.

I'll be trying it again :)

Be sure to head over to ABNH and enter the challenge, for your chance to win a

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

thanks to our fabulous sponsors
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/


Be sure to have a look! the DT have been INSPIRED yet again :)




6 comments:

aileen (mum) said...

Linda, it looks fantastic. The whole look of thecard is brilliant. Love the colours you chose and having the design going off the edge, all combines to make Y U M. Everytime I see someone doing this type of idea I totally love it. Cant imagine how long it took, all those itty bitty pieces.

Laura B. said...

Hello, gorgeousness!!! Love the bold bright design so much!!

TheKatsWhiskers said...

So striking, I need to try this :) where is the sentiment from?

cheiron said...

WOW!!! Love this!

Barb Ghig said...

A STUNNING explosion of color, Linda...I love this card! And, it's so 'Laura-esque'!!!

Andrea La Vigne said...

WOW! When I saw this on the ABNH blog post, I thought for sure you'd done at least some inking. But all that is inlaid die cutting??? Amazing! Gorgeous card!