LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 22 August 2016

Remember me?!

Hi there!!

Wow I've been a BAD blogger. This year has literally FLOWN by and I've barely looked in my crafting room. I've missed it badly but just not been happy with the few things I managed to put together. HOWEVER! I've been feeling the itch lately (the tingly fingers, you know what I mean) so I let it stew for a day or two then marched myself in here today to make something!

I'm so happy to be back blogging again and hope (slash-intend) to really keep at it.

SO today I've got a card that uses one of my favourite stamp sets, the images really just make me happy.


 


The set I'm using is Map Love by Concord & 9th-- seriously it makes my heart go pitter patter.
To create my card, I took my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers  and scribbled colour down onto some watercolour paper (from Target--thanks Lisa!).

I then sprayed it generously with water to make the colours spread and run together.  Once it was dry (thanks heat-gun!), I made sure the panel was flat, and stamped the world-map stamp using Versamark ink, and heatset it with Hero Arts fine white embossing powder (the best in my opinion!)

Lastly I cut the panel down, added the sentiment and attached it to a piece of aqua cardstock from MFT with a little 'trim' border of black (which was diecut using the Simon Says Stamp Postage Edge Die) and added some pearl accents from Hero Arts :)

That's about it! I do hope you like it and forgive me for my LONG blog-cation!

Thanks!

Linda xx

2 comments: