LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Sending Hugs

Hi there!!

PHEW It's getting *HOT* in Australia, I'm already melting and dreaming of winter!

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=634982&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom
I was lucky enough to be sent one of the new products from the recent Simon Says Stamp release Create Joy and I thought I'd share a cute card I made using my new die.

Instead of using it as a die, I decided to use it as an embossing tool, and for an extra kick, I decided to use an unexpected colour-palette (in a way).


 To start with I took the die, and ran it through my Big shot, with an embossing mat, instead of the cutting plate,  so that it pressed into the pale green cardstock. I repeated this process on the opposite corner of the cardstock and again on another scrap piece.

I then coloured in each of the flowers, but I decided to go with a soft tone on tone look, rather than the traditional bright red poinsettia :)  I used my Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils, but your Prismacolours of Spectrum Noirs would do the job beautifully too :)

I then cut out one of the flowers using scissors, because I wanted quite a clear border around the edge (i have to make things hard for myself!).  I finished the card off by stamping that gorgeous sentiment (another SSS goodie!) and rounded three of the corners of the stamped panel, before adhering the lot to a dark green cardbase.

To give a final little bit of interest, I adhered the third poinsettia to the top left, using dimensional adhesive. This gives a nice extra point of interest, without overwhelming the tone-on-tone look of the entire card.

Well that's it for me!

Thank you so much to Simon Says Stamp for sending me the beautiful die! It's going to get used a LOT, I can already tell.


See you again soon!


Linda x



2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

This is so pretty! I'm all about non-traditional colors, so I think it's perfect. :)

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Linda! What a wonderful piece of art, it's SO creative. I just wanted to let you know about our Anything Goes challenges at Word Art Wednesday. Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp $25. I hope you will stop by to play along with us!
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth, Owner
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com