LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Saturday 18 October 2014

thanks Friend, with Simon Says Stamp

Hi there~

I've got a simple card to share with you today.

I saw a cool card on Pinterest, using a peep-through panel, with the rest of the card simple and white. I loved how effective this looked, and how much it made the stamped/coloured area POP out.

I've been meaning to play with this Simon Says Stamp exclusive set Butterfly Friends since I got it, so I did today.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=301697
Here's what I made


Nice and simple, but effective, huh?!

I stamped the butterflies with Simon Says Stamp inks in Cotton Candy, Surf Blue, Audrey Blue, Mint and Doll Pink. The sentiment is stamped in Simon Says Stamp Black Ink and Doll Pink
hard to see but there's a line of Wink of Stella along the edges of the popped up panels
For a bit more of sumthin-sumthin, I added a line of Wink of Stella, as you can see above. This gives just the right last touch to a super simple card.

I think I might use this style again soon. I'd like to see how many versions I could get out of this one 'sketch' if you will. I think it'd work for an autumn card, a wedding or sympathy card, or even a birthday card.  What do you think?

See you soon!


2 comments:

Froggietalks said...

This is a stunning card Linda. I love the idea and sketch, I think I might CASE it for a couple of neutral baby cards I need to make.

Kelly Latevola said...

Love it! Very effective indeed. That color combo is gorgeous too. I need to get me some SSS inks!!