LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Saturday 25 October 2014

Do What Makes You Happy with Simon Says Stamp Exclusives.



Hi crafty peeps!

I'm here today with a SUPER FUN mixed media canvas I whipped up last night and just now, this morning.

I've been itching to get painty and messy, so that's just what I did.

I used lots of Simon Says Stamp exclusive stamps and stencils--take a look;



First of all I did some spritzing and spraying, after gesso-ing the canvas. Next I added lots of layers with Gelatos and Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pens, as well as STAMPING (of course!)

The gold shine is from Luminarte acrylic glaze, this would work just as well.
 Love how these Simon Says Stamp Scribble Flowers stamps look. Such a great stamp set.  They're coloured in with Faber Castell PITT pens (big brush), while the ink is still wet, you can just smear and blend them in with your finger--this also softens the colour, so they blend n with your canvas better.

I used the Simon Says STARS AND DOTS stencil for this--how cool does it look!?  First I swiped over the stencil with Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste, and then after it dried, to make the white really pop out, I roughly coloured over the stars with a White Gelato, so the edges would really catch the pigment of the gelato--the effect in real life is SUPER cool.
 I love overlapping white texture with some colour. its so fun.
will you look at that drippage


For the "sentiment", I used Simon Says BIG YOU stamp, I hand-wrote the "makes" and "HAPPY" and the 'do what' is using Mama Elephant Midnight Letters.   All of the sentiment was stamped using the Black Big Brush PITT pen.



Hope you like it! It came together SUPER SUPER fast, which is always an added bonus lol.

I'm off to have some breakfast now, but I'd love to hear what you think.

Linda xx

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE it. I think it's gorgeous.

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME!!!