LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Saturday 27 July 2013

Summer Card Camp 2 cards!

Hello!

I thought I'd share a couple of cards I've made for the Online Card Classes Summer Card Camp 2!


There are sketches and colour combos to be used for each week of the Camp, and I chose to use both a sketch AND a colour combo--something that generally frightens the bejeesus outta me :)



Anyway, here they are!


just becase_OCC_summer2
 I masked off the bottom section of the card, and stamped the floral image using white colorbox ink, then re-stamped just slightly offset, using various Hero Arts shadow inks--I love this shadow-stamping effect!

The banner is just heat embossed in white on vellum :)  You could easily dress this card up even more, but I like the simplicity.

OK the next card:

CONGRATULATIONS_angled_OCC_Summer2


Using the same sketch (as I'm sure you can tell), I stamped the Impression Obsession Herringbone image and then added some strips for the colour requirements. The strips I made just swiping Hero ARts shadow ink directly onto cardstock, then trimming it to size.

The little stars are from a Hero Arts set and I fussy cut them, then added a little stickles :)

I think you could duplicate this card in lots of different ways, make it more feminine, or more masculine. (I think this is still good for a guy card though :))

Hope you like!

I'll be back soon with more :)

Linda x




2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

LOOK AT YOU! I love these!

Froggietalks said...

I love both cards, but really really LOVE the first one. The shadow stamping with white ink, then colour is awesome!