LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Shopping Our STash!


Hiya!

It's time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge and this week we want to see:
Challenge 91 February 26: Tag it- use a tag on your project or create a Tag


So here's what I made:





I went very literal, I wasn't feeling the whole 'tag on a card' thing this time, so I went straight for something just pretty and playful. I wanted to play with my supplies, not have to think them through.

First I stamped the old-but-still-SO-beautiful Hydrangea stamp from Hero Arts using Hero Arts Dye Ink, then I coloured it with Inktense pencils and used my waterbrush to blend. SO EASY!

Next I stamped the Hero Arts Old Letter stamp using Antique Linen distress ink, and added the wooden embellishments. I think they give a fun, quirky and slightly modern touch to an otherwise vintage tag.

To finish I added some GAWJUSS Mossy Made ribbon and some teensy gemstones :)

Hope you like it!

Please head on with me, over to the Shopping Our Stash blog, to check out the rest of the DT's work, they're amazing projects as always!

We'd love for you to join us! If you're unsure of the "requirements" just head to our FAQ page!

See you soon!

Linda xoxo


8 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooooh! this really is like a happy little daydream... and that hydrangea could be old as the hills and still be AMAZINGLY looooooovvely, which it IS!!! ♥

Unknown said...

Linda.
I LOVE this tag!!!!!! It would be darling on a Mother's Day present!

Libby Hickson said...

Loooooove this!! The little birds are perfect with it. Squee!

snazzyoriginal said...

Simply beautiful xx

Sue McRae said...

Wow, the colours on the hydrangea are so gorgeous. Really makes me want to get some of the Inktense pencils.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Linda - I have always loved the hydrangea stamp from SU and you colored it beautifully! The text in the background is great and I love the birds! Such a great tag!!
Blessings,
Michelle

MS said...

I love your tags, they are always so pretty. Love the "daydream" sentiment, it's perfect!

Kelly Booth said...

GOOOOOOOOOORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE the Way you did this.....