LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Saturday 23 February 2013

a few things and a card!

Hi there!!

So a couple of things :)

I wasn't able to participate this week due to time constraints (read: my kids were insane) in the current Shopping Our Stash challenge, but it's a good 'un, so be sure to pop over and check it out.

Also, there's a great challenge up right now over at A Blog named Hero. The DT have done amazing jobs with their inspiration projects, so please have a look and join in if you can! There's a Simon Says Stamp voucher up for grabs, for one lucky winner!

Here's the card I made for the challenge:

 I love that a stamp as modern and COOL as the hexagon background stamp still totally suits this shabby chic style. Love using stamps in unexpected styles!

OK, and finally i Have a card for you today :)

I recently caved and bought some GAWJUSS Avery Elle stamps and thought i'd have a play.

This is using a shadow stamping technique (stamp in white ink first, then in colour right over the top, but slightly offset)
 That raspberry jam Hero Arts ink?! HELLO LOVE!!


ok that's it for me! Any questions or comments, I'd love to hear from you!

See you soon!

Linda xoxo

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Oh! I love the shadow stamping. I must try this, soon!

MS said...

swoon! totally gorgeous :)

Libby Hickson said...

Love both of these, but those raspberry jam flowers?? SWOON!!