Here with another ABNH challenge that starts today!
So here's the thing. Sometimes (a lot of times) there's a product that comes out and you just go crazy for it. You MUST have it, you covet it. And you wait for it to arrive, then finally DING-DONG the delivery man plays Santa and brings you your goodies. you use them constantly for about a week...then they get put away.
Fast forward a few months (or maybe more) and those goodies (be they stamps, inks, whatever) are practically forgotten. Those that you COVETED, are now the mundane 'things' that fill up your craft space.
Well no more!! I've started a big clean-up of my craft area, and I'm getting rid of (donating or gifting or GIVING AWAY HERE ON MY BLOG *cough*) some items that have either only been used once or (*gasp*) never. My thought process is, that if I have less, I'll be able to SEE what I do have better. And I Might actually USE IT!! (who'd have thought, eh?!)
This stamp and die set is one of those that I loved and then forgot.
I just loved it to pieces when it first came out. I literally STALKED the post man for when he'd deliver it to my greedy little hands. And then I did what I said. I used it for EVERYTHING, for about two weeks and then it got lost in the other stuff.
NO MORE! This baby still is one of my favourites, so I vow to use it more.
So here she is in all her glory :)
I stamped the flower 6 times in Red Royal mid-tone ink, and then diecut it out. I stamped it again using Green Hills mid-tone ink, onto some green patterned paper from the Basic Grey PB&J 6x6 paper pad, and diecut THOSE.
Then I cut apart the green ones, to make them into leaves.
The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory really, Background stamp in white colorbox ink, onto Neenah kraft cardstock (sigh. so pretty),. White around the edges, sentiment from Hero Arts using Black Versafine ink.
I adhered the flowers using dimensional adhesives then added stickles.
For the leaves I rolled them with my finger so they'd stand up off the card at the tips, while the 'centre' of them was glued down. This helps them to look more like leaves than green petals ('coz that wouldn't make sense)
to see the rest of the DT's great projects, hop over to the blog!
Don't forget to enter what you make too! We love seeing what you create :)
Let me know what you think...