LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 24 September 2012

Shopping Our Stash Challenge #70 Feathers/Fur!



Hello Hello!

I'm here with this week's new challenge theme over at Shopping Our Stash!



Furry or Feathered Friends- anything that features furry or feathered friends (any animal, bird or animal/bird print paper -No Insects or spiders)

Here's my card!
 
I created the die in my silhouette studio software, after watching a tutorial on the Online Card Classes-Cut Above the Rest class. (highly reccommended!)

I added some washi tape to the cardbase where I knew the diecut would sit, so that it would show through.

Next I went around the edges of the diecut shape and the central panel, with distress ink to add some extra shadow. Finally I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts) and popped the centre panel up on dimensional adhesive to create some dimension and give a great shadow.




Super fast card! I diecut several of these bird at once! You'll be seeing the 'positive' of the image in another card soon.

I hope you'll give this challenge a try! It will be so fun to see what you've made.

Be sure to pop over to the blog to see the rest of the DT's inspiration! They're amazing as always.

See you again soon with more creations inspired by the current Online Card Class--Kick Start (it's amazing, I seriously recommend signing up NOW!!)

*crafty hugs!*

Linda xx

8 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I'm lovin' the idea of the negative. And wait, you USED your Silhouette? I need to dust mine.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute card Linda! Love how you added colour to all the edges - gorgeous!

lauren bergold said...

this is BEYOND AWESOME!!! what a brilliant idea and a perfect C&S design! ♥♥♥

jimlynn said...

CAS and wonderful! Love the sponging you did on here too.
Lynn

Skye said...

A cute CAS card. I like the use of a negative shape and washi tape background

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I love that sentiment...I used to sing that song to my boys when they were babies. *sniffle* Fabulous use of washi tape, too - I've got to try that!!

June Houck said...

Cute! Love the negative image and the netting behind.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Linda - This is beautiful! How great to be able to make such a card quickly that has so much impact! Lovely!
Blessings,
Michelle