LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Thursday 16 December 2010

Happy Birthday Dadda!!

Hello!!!!!

So today is my lovely daddy's birthday and we had a nice family dinner to celebrate, but I thought I'd make a card for him.  I'm much more of an 'embellish and add ribbon until you can't fit any more' kind of girl, but I enjoyed making this nice simple masculine card that still had a touch of whimsy and prettiness.

 I stamped the Hero Arts It's a Village with Stormy Sky Distress Ink, then I used some Distress Stickles over the centre house to highlight it as 'the party house'. Then I cut the circle out of the stamped card using my Martha Stewart Circle Cutter.  Next I cut a circle (1/4" bigger than the blue cardstock) out of my kraft notecard.
 Using Hero Arts Birthday Wishes clear set, I cut apart the sentiments so the words 'they' and 'say' were seperate, I layed them on my card then curved them appropriately.  Then I sat my acrylic block on top of the stamps, (which picked them up exactly how I needed them to sit) and stamped them on using Tsukineko Tuxedo Black ink.
Then I attached several tiny brads and hand-sewed long strips of black string to make the bunch of balloons (which is meant to look lik they're coming out of the 'party house'.)

Finally, I attached the two layers together.

On the inside, I used a piece of white cardstock, cut to the same size, stamped with the same Its a Village Stamp but with Soft Stone Shadow Ink to give a really subtle tone on tone effect. Then I stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo Black ink.
 I then adhered that level to the inside of the card.
 As a cute little touch, on the back of the card, I stamped this adorable little cupcake from the Birthday WIshes Stamp set used earlier.

Here's a close up :)
CUTE!!

I hope you liked it!!

Talk to you soon xx

Linda xx

No comments: