LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Wednesday 9 December 2020

Case me a Christmas Card with Michelle Lupton

 Hello crafting peeps,


I'm here to share a card that I made to celebrate Michelle Lupton's annual christmas card event. 

It's been my honour and privilege to participate every year for several years now, and this year with all the ups and downs we've had, its important to try to keep some normality!



I didn't case a specific card but I decided instead to think of Michelle's cards and what some of her go-to moves are. I love that she uses diagonals and stencils so beautifully, but I decided to stick with something simple and striking.




I used the Hero Arts Protea Flowers stamp set, coloured it in with my prismacolour pencils. I then added some gold accents with a gelly roll pen. The sentiment is from an old set, but you could easily use any of the cute woodblock stamps that are available in the store here


For a last minute addition, I added some gold foil strips on either side of the panel, which was a genius suggestion from my friend Lisa. Totally saved the card!


To have a look at Michelle's card, go HERE and make sure to leave her some comment love. 


I hope you like the card :)


see you soon!

Linda 

1 comment:

Michelle Lupton said...

Beautiful colouring! Thanks so much for being my guest 😊