LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Sunday 1 August 2010

I like Beeeing with you--etsy inspired challenge #99

Hi Everyone!

Its late so I have to make this as quick as I can.

After reading Virginia's blog the other day I thought I'd take part int the etsy-inspired challenge #99. I've not done this before but my eye was taken by this gorgeous head-piece by Becky Kazana:


and I immediately started thinking of blue skies behind bright yellow flowers... so THIS is what came to be:



Sorry for the terrible photo--I REALLY need to get a photo light box...gah. The light in my parents house is *horrifyingly dim* for photography....

This card WOULD have been finished last night but my 2 year old Isabella liked it so much when she saw it sitting on my work desk this momrnign that she decided to pull it apart so she could have the bees...she's never done this before and I nearly collapsed when I came in and everything was torn to pieces. Poor little love, I really snapped at her too! I don't think she thought she was doing anything wrong. However, the fact that I'd stayed up till midnight last night to make it may have lead me to want to blow up a little more than it usually might have.

I really struggle with simple cards, they never look finished to me, despite loving them when other's create them.

I think this is about as simple as I can get :)

It's also the first time I've really done a 'paper-piecing' type card, with more than one element added.

I added an extra 'e' to the sentiment coz I felt like the pun was a bit lost...I wish it was in all the sentiments in this set.

Here are the stats:

card: American crafts "ocean" cardstock. The green I used for the leaves had no name, but it's also AC.
DCWV Citrus 8x8 paper stack (for the bees, they're actually polka dot)
Hero Arts Be Happy clear stamp set.
Hero Arts gemstones (bees eye).
Simonsaysstamp freebie pearls in centre of flowers.
Prima e-line flowers.
Tim Holtz Distress Inks in: Spiced Marmalade (flowers & background piece), Black soot& Broken China
Papertrey Ink Background Basics retro stamp set (on orange paper in background)
Buttons--my stash
Corner chomper-rounder
Hero ARrts clouds woodblock stamp.
Hero Arts Soft Pool shadow ink.

anyhoo, it's super late==I'm off to try to figure out how to link this back to the etsyinspired challenge blog....

hope you liked it!! THanks so much for popping in!! (PS sorry for the typos! It's late!! *yawn*)

5 comments:

Linda said...

THIS IS A TEST COMMENT

Virginia L. said...

LOVE LOVE your new blog, Linda!! AND this card just says HAPPINESS all over! No wonder Isabella LOVES it! I am so proud to be your 1st follower!! YAY for your new blog! You do such beautiful work, Linda! I will be stopping by often :) Thanks so much for playing Etsy Inspired Challenge! Hope you join the fun on the next one!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! I tried to leave a comment yesterday--so glad this is working today:) I JUST LOVE it! This card is so fun!! Love the bees and the button centers of the flowers:) SO FUN! Thanks for joining in the fun at EtsyInspired:)

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,
I love this card and no wonder Isabelle wanted to play with the bees! LOL I want to play with the bees too and I am allergic! LOL

Ashley Newell said...

This is so super cute! I love all your bees and flowers! What a fun scene you've created! Thanks so much for playing along with the EtsyInspired Challenge this week! It means a lot to me!