LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 7 December 2018

Challenge Me a Christmas Card with Michelle Lupton!!

Hi there crafty peeps,


I am excited to be a part of the wonderful christmas collaboration that Michelle Lupton is doing


I haven't had a chance to get crafty in such a long time and this was a really fun one to do.  When Michelle approached me a few months ago, I found this image on Pinterest and really fell in love with the shine and shapes--not to mention the mouthwatering colours!

 For my card today, I let the inspiration take me where it wanted, and I used the right side of the photo.



To create the top section, I swiped some Viva Gold paste onto the cardstock and made a thin layer with a nice organic, swipey 'edge' to it. I wanted to represent those gorgeous votive holders in the inspiration pic.

For the lower half, I was really loving the grid-like pattern of the paint palette in the photo, and I'd just finished watching a movie set in the middle east, so I was thinking of their beautiful Moroccan tile patterns etc.

I used some delicious Schminke watercolour paints and created a set of colours I was happy with, adding and removing greens, blues or even just more water, to create a variety of depths and hues.

The shimmery gold and silver are from my Zig Kuretake paint palette. Just look at the shine they create.

To finish, I added some torn vellum and put some lovely old alphabet stickers and thickers to good use. The little enamel-style dots are handmade ones I created a few months ago.

I hope you like my card! I had fun getting painty and playing with mixing the colours.

To check out Michelle's beauty, go HERE and leave her some comment love :)

Michelle, as always, thank you for being a lovely crafty friend and such an inspiration to so many.

Merry Christmas to you all!!

Linda xo

No comments: