LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Thursday 12 April 2018

Oh how I wish I was in Scotland

Hey there peeps,

I hope you're all well and happy, here in Perth it's moving into the cooler months, and I'm pretty happy about that, I'm one of those people who loves the cold and mist and rain.

So todays card is all about that really, I wanted to create a scene, and while, originally I was planning a springtime sort of theme, it ended up quite wintery--and I'm ok with that.  I was thinking about Scottish highlands and the way the mist creeps around, making everything look less bright. Lovely.

Here's my card;


I went with a no-line colouring technique to make the images seem softer and more 'in the scene'.



Very simply, I stamped everything in Hero Arts Wet Cement ink (which was a tad too dark actually but I stamped it off once and used the second generation technique to make it paler). I then used my Prismacolour pencils to colour everything and the well only, with some gamsol.  I made sure to creep some green onto the stones and wood of the well, I wanted it to look nice and mossy--a-la-Scotland.

For the grass and sky, I freehanded some light colouring across the areas, and added grass tufts to the lawn. I then used a MFT stencil/mask for some cloud shapes, and I gently rubbed a little Hero Arts white Unicorn ink VERY gently of the edges, and then some Broken China distress ink over as well, to give a foggy look rather than crisp white clouds in the sky.

The sentiment is from the same CM240 Wishing Well set from Hero Arts, and is embossed with Hero Arts embossing powder (the only one I ever use actually!)

I added a faux stitched border around the edge, and some butterfly trail dots for some added fun, with a white gel pen.

Hope you like it!

I'm over on the A Blog Named Hero Facebook page sharing this today, so feel free to leave me a like or a comment over there! I'd love to hear from you.

See you soon!

Linda x

No comments: